Friday, October 15, 2010

Recovery


Happy Bri

Bri has had a good day! They started her feedings at 9 a.m. and they are only giving her little amounts of food at a time before putting her back on full feeds. She had an episode when we came in this evening, she started to spit up some of her food. We haven't seen her spit up this much in a long time. We are not sure why she had such a bad spit-up. When we came into the NICU she was on her tummy. With her having a tube coming out of her stomach I was wondering why she was on her tummy. The nurse had put Brielle on her side but somehow Brielle rolled over to her tummy and they think this irritated her tube. Please pray for her feedings. I haven't been that scared since we have been here in St. Louis. It is not comforting when my little girl can't breath and is struggling to clear her airway.

I know this is not a very jolly update, but it would be wrong of me to not be completely honest in the updates for I know you prayer warriors are wanting specifics. The nurses are continuing her feeds and are hoping the irritation will subside so she can keep her food down. This little girl is a fighter! Everyday I see God's enormous strength in the little body of this baby girl. Even though she had a very large spit up, she swallowed most of it back down but was having a hard time clearing her airway. 4 hours after surgery Brielle did not have any pain medicine, she was alert and looking around but never indicated she was in pain, until we were moving her around and changing her diaper. Since 3 a.m. she has only had about 4 doses of tylenol and that is it. If it were me I would have been crying the second I came out of the anesthesia, but I am a big baby.

God is walking right along side of us. I know this because the Dr. ordered another ultrasound today, from the results the Dr. said there was not initial change but he did notice there was a slight improvement in her brain, can I get a PRAISE THE LORD?!?! This past week has been reminding me of an old hymn, I have been singing a verse from it, "Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share, but our toil He doth richly repay; not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross, but is blest if we trust and obey." I will admit that it has been hard to trust this past week, but God has never given me any reason to doubt Him. I daily search for peace and find it in Him. I daily seek comfort and receive it from Him, guidance and strength all come from Him. It seems like everything I know and feel has been challenged yet God has never letup His involvement. God is working through my little miracle baby and He is showing us His love through all of you who are fighting right alongside of us. Thank you for your support. Thank you for your prayers, and thank you for your love. Brielle wanted me to tell everyone she said hi, and she loves you!

In His Service,
cody

Hi everyone!


Mommy made me a bow

1 comment: