Daddy and baby Bri
Baby Bri and G-ma
BIG GIRL BED and BIG YAWNS!!
Sorry for such the late update, it is not the easiest getting around this city. Brielle has been doing really well today, so good they put her in a BIG GIRL BED!! She is growing up so fast...
Brielle had her scheduled ultrasound today, which went really well, and her MRI. The nurses didn't have to sedate her for the scan, only because she is perfectly wonderful. She is tolerating her feeds very well and really has not had a huge episode in a while.
One of the things the nurses are doing is not suctioning out her throat as often. The reason for this is to promote Brielle to cough on her own and work up the secretions, which she is also doing a very good job at. The nurses notice that her oxygen level and heart rate are perfect when she has a lot of stuff in the back of her throat, but they also noticed that when they would suction Brielle she would gag and have more reflux than what she started out with. I can tell the difference this has made. Brielle will have a good strong cough to break up the mucus in her throat and she will be as clear as a bell.
We should know the results from the ultrasound and the MRI within 48 hours. The Dr.'s are planing a family meeting to meet with Dianne, Grandma, and I when the results come in so it is possible I may be doing an early update when this happens. We were blessed with the presence of three Alford's today. Li had an appointment here in St. Louis and then the Alford's came by and offered to buy us lunch, I didn't want to be rude so I accepted. Thank you all for your love and support you sent with them, I cannot even begin to tell you how much I appreciate everything that has been done for my family. I am truly blessed and I should never complain, if I do I have already asked a few individuals to set me straight. I asked the Lord to give me some encouragement today and just seeing the progress of my little baby girl this morning was more than I could have asked for. Thank you for all of your prayers, they are definitely being felt here, we love you all! We will keep you updated.
-cody
So glad to hear that you had a good day. We're excited to see you and meet Brielle this weekend. Love & prayers!
ReplyDelete