Well, I made it to St. Louis safe and sound and I was greeted by two beautiful girls as I walked into the NICU! Both Dianne and Brielle are doing well this evening. It is so good to be with them, I couldn't believe how much Brielle had grown in just 4 days! She was making great eye contact, she was moving all around, and sticking out her tongue! We were able to skype my mom, gramma Frantz, this evening. Her surgery went well and she is now home recovering. I am very thankful for technology.
Brielle has been doing well with her feeding lately. The Dr.'s have given her a thicker formula to see if it would reduce her reflux. With Brielle refluxing the Dr.'s are afraid she is also aspirating more than what they had first thought. Dianne and I have a family meeting with Brielle's Dr. at 8 tomorrow morning. We will be discussing Brielle's progress and some possible solutions to reduce her reflux. One possible solution involves another surgery where the surgeon would go in and tie up the top of her stomach so she does not reflux. The Dr.'s and the surgeon made it clear that this procedure is plan Z and they will not do it unless it is absolutely necessary. I am praying that this thicker food will be the answer to helping Brielle keep her food down and also keep her from aspirating. Brielle is gaining weight which is a BIG positive. She is up to a chunky 8lbs 1oz!!!!! This is just one of God's many blessings that gives us strength and a hope for a full recovery.
I know that God is with us and He is influencing the Dr.'s decisions. It is not a very settling feeling knowing that Brielle may face another surgery. If surgery is needed I trust that the Lord will take care of everything and He will be the one deciding whether or not she needs it. He has been faithful since the day we found out we where having Brielle and I know He will continue to be faithful. The Bible says that God is never changing, He is the same today as He was yesterday and will still be tomorrow (paraphrased). For those of you who ask for specifics these are what we are praying for:
1. That the Lord heal Brielle from her reflux completely.
2. That this thicker food be used to heal Brielle.
3. That the Lord stop Brielle's aspirations completely.
We love you all very much and we thank you for your love and encouragement. We will keep the updates coming!
In His Service,
cody
Brielle has been doing well with her feeding lately. The Dr.'s have given her a thicker formula to see if it would reduce her reflux. With Brielle refluxing the Dr.'s are afraid she is also aspirating more than what they had first thought. Dianne and I have a family meeting with Brielle's Dr. at 8 tomorrow morning. We will be discussing Brielle's progress and some possible solutions to reduce her reflux. One possible solution involves another surgery where the surgeon would go in and tie up the top of her stomach so she does not reflux. The Dr.'s and the surgeon made it clear that this procedure is plan Z and they will not do it unless it is absolutely necessary. I am praying that this thicker food will be the answer to helping Brielle keep her food down and also keep her from aspirating. Brielle is gaining weight which is a BIG positive. She is up to a chunky 8lbs 1oz!!!!! This is just one of God's many blessings that gives us strength and a hope for a full recovery.
I know that God is with us and He is influencing the Dr.'s decisions. It is not a very settling feeling knowing that Brielle may face another surgery. If surgery is needed I trust that the Lord will take care of everything and He will be the one deciding whether or not she needs it. He has been faithful since the day we found out we where having Brielle and I know He will continue to be faithful. The Bible says that God is never changing, He is the same today as He was yesterday and will still be tomorrow (paraphrased). For those of you who ask for specifics these are what we are praying for:
1. That the Lord heal Brielle from her reflux completely.
2. That this thicker food be used to heal Brielle.
3. That the Lord stop Brielle's aspirations completely.
We love you all very much and we thank you for your love and encouragement. We will keep the updates coming!
In His Service,
cody
No comments:
Post a Comment