September 14th, 2010
I don't know many details....Brielle was born about 4:00 p.m. today. She weighed 7 lbs. and 6 oz.. I haven't talked to Cody yet....if he gives me more details, I will e-mail them. I talked to James Billings and he said that she had a healthy cry. (Gordon just called and he is going to go by the hospital before he comes home.)
Love in Christ, Mary
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone,
This is such a lovely picture of Cody, Dianne and little Brielle! I hope it works for you to click on and see it enlarged. What a beautiful family.
I think there are a few facts that I didn't have when I sent the other e-mail.
She was born at 3:07 p.m. today (Sept. 14). She weighed 7 lbs. & 6 oz. and is 20 inches long. She has red hair like her lovely mother.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cody called this evening and said that everything was fine but the baby was a little congested with mucus but they thought that was normal. Dianne doesn't look like she just had a baby....I'm sure she feels like it though!
Love in Christ, Mary
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have been waiting for Brielle to come into the room so we can give her hugs and kisses but she is having some trouble with congestion. The nurses thought she was doing better but is still having trouble with this "flem" blockage. A NICU provider has come in to do an assesment and we are waiting for her to come in a talk to us. I was just wondering if you would send out a prayer email. This baby is a miracle, God has protected her through thick and thin, yet still I have moments of weakness so I am calling for the prayers of our faithful family. I will keep you updated as the night goes on.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We just spoke with the person from the NICU and they are going to move Brielle to the NICU nursery to start her on an I.V. and put her in a "humidifier" atmosphere. They are not concerned with her current state, and they are not ruling out that there may be a minor case of hydrocephalus (extra fluid in the brain) that is causing Brielle to have some access mucus. They are going to do an ultrasound on upper body to get a better look at what they need to target, and they are pretty confident that some humidity will clear everything up. I'll keep you updated. -cody
September 15th, 2010
We just came from the NICU and Brielle is doing much better. They have her hooked up to a humidifier and a few other things to help her with her congestion. The NICU nurse said that Brielle may be in there for a few days or a couple of weeks depending on her progress. She is very strong and is fighting really hard, she is just having a little trouble keeping the mucus out of her airway. With the good news I am going to get some rest and go see her in about 4 hours when they will be doing another assessment. Dianne is doing great, she was perfect today with delivery, she also is so very strong, it is obvious that Brielle gets her fighting spirit from her mommy. I will keep you updated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just came from the NICU and the nurse said that baby Brielle is doing better. They will have an assessment at 8 a.m. and check her over again. They will also do a head scan to check things out. The humidifier seemed to help alot and she is breathing more regularly now. I will keep you updated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brielle is doing very well! Dianne and I just came from the NICU and were able to hold her and I changed her diaper, it was wonderful! The nurse is really comfortable with Brielle's progression so that makes me feel 100 times better. She will stay in the NICU for a few days possibly a couple of weeks depending on her status. Dianne will be dismissed this evening at 10 p.m., she is doing well also, just tired and sore. It is not a very comfortable feeling leaving Baby Bri at the hospital but I am very confident in the staff in the NICU. God is good, He has woven into, both my wife and our little baby girl, a strong fighting spirit! Thank you for sending out the updates, I am so thankful for email!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just came from NICU and Brielle had another breathing episode and they are going to put her in a ventilator with a breathing tube inserted into her lungs. The nurses say that she is getting her oxygen but not ventilating well, in other words she is struggling with the "breathing in, breathing out" rhythm. They are also going to go through her umbilical cord to give her some fluids and will also use this method to draw blood so they are not sticking her foot every 4 hours. She is a fighter and the nurses are quite impressed with her, but are afraid that if she keeps struggling to breath she may get too tired, so they are going to go ahead with the ventilator. It's been kind of up and down, excited and a little scared but God has been with us everyday and I know He is with us now, He knows what is best for Brielle and staying a few days to a couple weeks in the NICU may be just what she needs. I do not believe that praying consistently for something is a lack of faith, Jesus prayed in the garden three times about the cross and that was more of a profession of faith rather than a lacking of it. It's just hard seeing my girls having a hard time, yet in my weakness HE is stronger than I can ever be on my own. Tell the church family I appreciate their love and prayers. Thank you Mary.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brielle is doing good on the breathing tube and ventilator. The Dr. is going to run an MRI tomorrow sometime in the morning I think, not too sure on the time. He did see a little amount of fluid on the brain which could be effecting Brielle's inhaling, swallowing, and gag reflex, we should know more tomorrow. I had sent Dianne home so she could get a bath and some rest. I decided to stay at the hospital and will continue to send you updates. Glad we didn't get blown away this evening.... That is the latest as of now, but I will keep you updated. -cody
September 16th, 2010
I just came out of the NICU to see Brielle and she was doing good. She pretty much slept all night and the nurse had said that things look good. They are still getting alot of thick mucus out and she is still not breathing quite like they want her to but she is stabilized. The Dr. has not ordered the MRI yet but he is going to have that done today. They are going to scan both her head and her lower spine, and those legs we were told that may not work are working better than ever, she is already crawling!! The nurses put her at the bottom of the bed and in no time she has already crawled up to the top of the bed. The nurse had also told me that she was trying to pull the breathing tube out early this morning and her grip was so strong that they had to wrap her hands up next to her body real tight so she wouldn't be pulling on any of her cords, but she has already worked her little hand up to her chin, already she is showing her personality, it must be that red hair... That is the latest update for today.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dianne and I just came from the NICU and Brielle is doing alright. She had an episode while we were in there and the nurses had sucked out some mucus and calmed her down. She is so beautiful, I was able to change her dirty diaper and it was wonderful. I, so far, have changed the record diaper that weighed in at 117 grams! She is a very strong little girl and is, at the moment, stabilized. The Dr. came in while Dianne and I were in the room and the Dr. had scheduled an MRI for Brielle's head and spine for this afternoon around 3-3:30 p.m.. Brielle opened her big beautiful eyes and was looking at mommy and me, telling us that she is doing ok. As of now that is the most recent update. I will continue to keep you informed. Thank you for keeping the church family updated Mary.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The nurses just took Brielle back to get her MRI about 10 minutes ago. They had to sedate her so she wouldn't be moving while they were scanning her. Through this MRI we may have some answers as to why we have soo much mucus. Brielle's lungs are perfect, she just has so much secretion in her throat it is hard for her to breath through the mucus, the breathing tube helps her to not have to struggle to breath through the mucus. That is the latest, if there is anything wrong in her brain they will transfer her to Kansas City, to Children's Mercy. I am confident and I trust that Brielle is here because it is the best place for her to be. She is such a great witness for God and I can tell she also has a heart for evangelism just as much as I do. I will keep you updated. -cody
September 17th, 2010
Sorry about not sending out updates today, the internet has been down. We have heard from the Dr. and we have the MRI results from yesterdays test. The Dr. said that there is essentially nothing they can see that is wrong with the spine, PRAISE GOD! The scan on the brain came back and they do see a slight enlargement of one of the two ventricles that sends fluid up and down the spine. Also the left side of the cerebellum is slightly smaller than the right indicating that there may have been some bleeding or clotting earlier in the pregnancy. They are wanting to do some more tests and scans on her brain Monday. I know that there are some scans that can see things better, I am completely fine with an MRI but the Dr. had suggested a possible CT scan. I do not feel comfortable with a CT scan because radiation is involved, but the Dr. is going to speak to the Radiologist and see if they can go with just another MRI. They also took her off of the ventilator tube and she is doing well, there is still some secretion in her throat but she has been off of the tube since 1:30. The reason she had the tube was so she was not struggling to breath through all the mucus in her throat. Brielle is stable and doing well. The slight difference in the brain is not alarming to the Dr.'s, they just want to do some more study. The part of the brian that is slightly smaller has to do with intricate motor skills, like playing piano, but Brielle will play the piano.. They are going to watch her and the secretion closely. They are not sure why she is having so much mucus, but they are confident she will grow out of it. There is no indication that the secretion is increasing, but there is also no indication that it is declining. As of right now there are three things the Dr. is wanting Brielle to do before she can go home:
1. Have no trouble Breathing
2. Have a declining of Secretion
3. Being able to feed on her own
Right now Brielle has a very small tube in her nose that leads to her stomach, and she had her first feeding today, but they would like to see her feed from mommie or from a bottle. If Brielle is still having to fight to breath through all the mucus the Dr. will put the tube back in and they will send her to Kansas City. I am very thankful for God's encouragement and the reassurance He has given us in His presence with Brielle and Mommy. I am also thankful for such a wonderful family. Mary, please relay my deepest thank you to the Church family, I love them all very much. -cody
September 18th, 2010
Good morning, I just came in from seeing Brielle and she is doing well today. The nurse said she slept well last night but they are still suctioning out alot of secretion. They are glad that it does not have any color of infection, but they would like to see less of it. She has had a couple of episodes but none that were alarming to the nurses, she doesn't like having a suction tube placed in her throat. Other than the secretion, Brielle is doing well. I will keep the updates coming. -cody
September 20th, 2010
Dianne and I were blessed with the opportunity to hold baby Bri twice today! It has been a good day, Brielle passed her early morning hearing test, and had an ear, nose, and throat doctor come in and he gave a good report. They did notice that there was some acid reflux in her throat which could be causing some of this extra secretion. The Dr. has prescribed some anti-reflux and they will start that in her IV tomorrow. As of now the nurses and the Dr.'s are saying she is improving but are still fighting some extra secretion and they are wanting Brielle's breathing to be better. I am very thankful God has given us this beautiful miracle.
I would like to also give an update on my mom. She will hear from her Dr. tomorrow concerning her jaw surgery. They will have to take some bone from her hip and place it in her mouth. We will know how much bone and when the surgery will be tomorrow. Please keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers.
One last thing I would like to mention. After I had left board meeting, I had the honor of meeting a man named Steve this evening at the hospital. He is there with his little baby girl, Grace. She was born friday last week and was rushed to the hospital yesterday because she was not breathing. She had a few seizures this evening but is stable. The Dr.'s do not know what is wrong, her heart rate is good, and her brain activity is good, and they think she has a kind of virus. I had the blessing of talking to this man about Jesus and prayed with him before Dianne and I had left. To be completely honest, it has been very hard on my heart having Brielle in the hospital and having the opportunity to talk to this man about his baby girl and about the unfailing love of Jesus just really warmed my heart. Would you please also put Grace Friend on the prayer list, they are from Neosho and mom went back home today but dad (Steve) is staying at the hospital. God is good, and the way He shows His love to us is just absolutely amazing. -cody
September 21st, 2010
Dianne and I were able to see little miss Brielle this evening and she is doing well. The Dr. had told us that they are probably going to take out her IV, they had to put the IV in her scalp because her hands and feet they had already used and could not find a vein, but since she is doing well with her feeding they will take her off of the IV within the next day or so. Her head measurements look good and there is no present concern of major swelling in the brain and they are in the process of weaning her off of the humidifier so she may be able to feed from mommy or from a bottle soon. God has given us alot of encouragement and I am very thankful for everyone's prayers and concerns.
My mom spoke with her Dr. today and there is an issue with the paper work concerning her upcoming surgery, but the Dr.'s are confident in what they will be doing. There is still no date yet because the Dr. would like to have all the I's dotted and T's crossed.
Little Grace Friend had been on a breathing machine because she was unable to breath on her own. I was told this morning that little Grace was gasping for her own breath, Praise the Lord. As far as I know the Dr.'s are considering taking her off of the breathing machine so she may begin breathing on her own. I believe God is witnessing to Grace's family through her recovery, please continue to pray also for baby Grace. -cody
September 22nd, 2010
Dianne and I had a good visit with Brielle this evening, but because she was having some bad reflux issues we were unable to hold her. The Dr. started Brielle on a different acid reflux medicine that he thinks will help. Her breathing has improved but the Dr. would like to see her doing better. Every day is a gift and I am very thankful for this one. They have not said anything else about her brian, I personally do not believe there is anything wrong . I have been praying that little Brielle continue to be a witness to these Dr.'s. I would like to thank everyone for their prayers and encouragement. Scripture tells us that in all things God works for the good, even when things do not look so good, He is faithful and has been right by our side every day. Thank you Mary, and thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. -cody
September 23rd, 2010
Dianne and I had a wonderful time at the hospital this evening. We were able to hold Brielle, change her diaper, and give her a bath!! She is doing so much better. it seems like every day she is more alert, and is breathing a little better. The doctor does not see it necessary to order any more images as of right now. The medicine they have Brielle on for her acid reflux seems to be working really good. She still has just a few moments where she will spit up but she is handling herself really well! Tonight was a really good night and I am very encouraged by all the strength God has put in her little body, she is a fighter like her mommy. I am going to attach a picture that we took this evening so i hope you enjoy! Have a wonderful evening! -cody
September 24th, 2010
We had another wonderful night with Brielle. She is so funny, I was trying to capture one of her famous sneezes, but I did not do very well. The Nurse spoke with us this evening concerning Brielle's acid reflux. They took an x-ray of her tummy and intestines to see if there was anything wrong that was keeping her from not digesting her food as well as she had been. the x-ray came back normal and they tested her for lactose and tolerant which she is not. They are going to start her on a medicine that is supposed to speed up the digestive process. They are going to see how she does on this new medicine over the weekend. If she does not improve they will send her, possibly to K.C., to run more advanced tests on her digestive system. I believe this is another opportunity for God to shine through Brielle. I know this may sound weird, and I hope it does not sound inappropriate, but I am praying for dirty diapers, and for the nurses and Dr.'s to be shown God in an unexplainable way through Brielle. Thank you for sending these updates out to those who are eagerly waiting for them. -cody
September 25th, 2010
Received a phone call around 12:00a.m. Brielle was having lot of spit up that concerned the Dr..they have run some tests, no infection, but did see inflammatory. Did a blood culture and urine culture. They are going to stop her feeding and put an IV back in, and run her on some antibiotics. I will be here in the hospital tonight and will give an update in the morning.
September 26th, 2010
Praise God for a beautiful day. I don't know about you but this is my favorite time of year, the leaves start to change, the temperature drops, and the air is filled with the smell of a warm fire, ahhh.
We were able to get back into the NICU this evening after service. Little baby Bri is doing very well. They started her feeding today at 1 p.m. and they have been feeding her nothing but mommy milk! I was really excited to hear this, when they were feeding her before they were feeding her formula. The blood and urine test came back negative for infection. The ultra sound of her tummy came back good and there is an x-ray still pending. The nurse told me that nothing was mentioned that caused any concern to the Dr.'s, so no news is good news. We have been so blessed with wonderful nurses, it has been a witnessing opportunity for Dianne and I. We will know more tomorrow, there will be an assessment in the morning to see if there was any progress in Brielle's digesting of her food.
If there is anyone asking for specifics to pray for, here are the main three. 1.That Brielle's airway continues to improve, that it stays free of anything that can go into her lungs that may cause her to aspirate. 2. That Brielle continue to hold her food down. 3.That Brielle is able to continue to eat, and eat on her own. There is nothing God cannot over come, I am reminded of the many different ways of healings Jesus did during His ministry on this earth, there was His personal touch, the touching of His garment, and even just His proclamation of healing. I believe God is healing baby Bri, He is doing it in His time, which is perfect, I just need to take this experience and learn patience.
September 27th, 2010
I am happy to say that Brielle will be staying in Joplin, Praise the Lord! She had a good weekend and seems to be progressing. I have noticed that she has started to have more secretions again over the past two days. They are not sure what this is all about but the Dr. said it could be something as simple as her growing out of it. She is doing well at keeping her food down. She has not had a big episode, in fact the nurse was telling me this evening that when Brielle would cough something up she would already have it swallowed down before the nurse could get the suction tube. This may sound bad but actually it is good. The Dr. was initially concerned with whether or not Brielle had the ability to swallow. God has been encouraging me in alot of ways, some very small like her swallowing, and also in very big ways like the healed spine. We have a consultation on wednesday at 5 with the Dr. to discuss some of our progress and also some of our options. Right now Kansas City is plan B if we need to take it. She has gained just a little bit of weight, and her digestive system is working correctly as of today. The nurses have been told to increase Brielle's feeding just a little every day, and she is only getting mommy's milk!
We were able to give her another bath today, next to changing dirty diapers, bath time is my favorite time. I would like to thank everyone for their prayers. God does work in all things for the good, even when I do not see all the dots that are being connected right now, I know they come together to make a big picture. I had the opportunity to talk about the Lord this evening with Brielle's nurse, her name is Lori and she believes that Brielle is a very special little girl. I am praying that I never stand in the way of God using my little baby girl for His glory, and I am also praying that I never miss an opportunity to share my love of Jesus with people. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I love you all very much!
September 28th, 2010
Sorry I did not send this out last night. Dianne and I did not get home at an early time like we have been. We spent a little extra time at the hospital last night to celebrate mybbirthday with our little miracle baby. Yesterday Brielle was doing so well! She is still having mucus secretions, they seem to be thicker but once they suction Brielle's throat she seems to do ok. We have a consultation today with the Dr. at 5 p.m. to go over our progress and look at our options. I know there has been alot of talk about Kansas City, if we were to go to Kansas City it would be so Brielle could have a more advanced check-up. We were able to hold her yesterday, she is just the most precious little girl. Before I had made it to the hospital Dianne was there and changed Brielle's shirt to a dress that read "I love my Daddy." It was the best birthday present ever... I apologize again for not sending this out last night, and I apologize for sleeping through my alarm. Sleeping through an alarm is on my top five "worst feelings ever" list. I appreciate everyones love and concern for me and my family. God is showing me so many things through this whole process. I love you all so much, thank you.
September 29th, 2010
Well, today has been a good day. Little Brielle is doing very well, and she seems to be holding down her food! We met with the Dr. today and we were able to go over some of the progress we have made, and some of our future options. There are three areas of concern that the Dr. is focusing on.
1. Lungs
2. Airway
3. Reflux
Brielle is still having issues with thick secretions blocking her airway. She is on a nasal breathing tube called "vapo-therm" which helps her to breath through the mucus. With her still having this problem with secretions blocking her airway, we are a long way from feeding her with a bottle or from mommy. I asked the Dr. why he thought she was having these secretions and he had told me he believes it has to do with the left part of her cerebellum that is not completely formed. They have not done another scan of her brain, but I am praying for God's healing. If she continues to have trouble breathing, or if she aspirates again, we will go to Kansas City.
The Dr. would like to see Brielle at full feeds three times a day, 60mls or 2 ounces, is a full feed. When they first started feeding her she started to have sever reflux when they were feeding her at 45ml. Right now she is at 30mls and is digesting everything very well, they will up her feeding every day and see how she does. If she cannot keep her food down we will be going to Kansas City.
Right now the Dr. has suggested on keeping Brielle for 2 more weeks to see if she continues to improve. The Dr. said we have plateaued but it is a good plateau. Like I had mentioned before, if she has any trouble breathing we will go directly to K.C., or if she cannot eat and keep her food down we will go directly to K.C.. This was not the news I wanted to hear, but looking at it with spiritual eyes I know God is doing something. I will admit that it does not feel good having to go to the hospital to see my baby girl, and it is not very encouraging that every-time I pick her up an alarm goes off and I am constantly adjusting chords and tubes.
Just saying "God is good," can become a phrase of habit, but I truly believe that everything that is happening does not go unnoticed by my Heavenly Father. He truly is good and I know that everything is in His hands. I would like to thank everyone for their love and encouragement, and I also want to thank you for walking along side my wife, our baby girl, and I through this time. We love you all very much. Thank you.
September 30th, 2010
Brielle is doing well and is tolerating her feeds. She is still at 35 mls and I was incorrect on her feedings. The Dr. would like to see her at full feeds, 60mls, every 3 hours, not 3 times a day. I went in to see her this morning and she is so precious. I wasn't too happy because the IV that they had in Brielle's arm went bad so they had to put one in her scalp again, I call it an ugly bow. Dianne and I are getting ready to head over to the hospital to see her and spend some time with her. I hope everyone is enjoying the blue sky's today!
October 1st, 2010
We had a wonderful day today. Brielle is doing well and is tolerating her feeds. She did have minor spit up last night but the Dr. decided to push forward and Brielle's feeding and is now up to 40 mls. He is concerned since we are coming up on 45 mls, which was where Brielle was at when she first stared to have sever reflux. He is going to have her monitored closely over the weekend to see how well she does. There is serious talk about Kansas City if Brielle does not tolerate her feeds once she reaches 45mls and above. We trust in the Lord knowing that He is in control and He will place Brielle where she needs to be. Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement. Have a wonderful weekend!
October 2nd, 2010
I know it is late and I should be making sure that tomorrows sermon is polished and ready to go but I will admit, being with my daughter this evening was wonderful and I am willing to stay up late.
We received a good report this evening. Brielle's feeding was moved up to 45 mls and she seems to be tolerating them pretty well. The Dr. spoke more about transferring her today, but this time St. Louis was mentioned. He had admitted that Kansas City would be a closer transfer, but if it were his daughter he would send her to St. Louis. We have a consultation with him tomorrow evening to make some assessments and look at our options. I am willing to go wherever we need to go, but my heart would like our next transfer destination to be home.
I had asked the nurse this evening what Brielle's weight was and she said that it was 7lbs 1oz!! So she is keeping her food down and digesting it well. We are taking it one day at a time, everyday is a gift and I am thankful for this one. I know God is in control, but it is hard on my heart when we leave the hospital. I look forward to having my family home, and hopefully that will be soon. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
October 3rd, 2010
We had a good day with Brielle today. I was very thankful to have the Elder's come and pray for baby Bri, it was a testimony to all the nurses in the NICU. Brielle seems to be tolerating her feeds but not to the satisfaction of the Dr. They put in a PICC line this evening, for those of you who remember this is a catheter they put in the arm that runs directly to the heart, Dianne had one of these when she could not eat anything. They are still feeding Brielle through the tube in her nose so that is good, they will use this PICC line for fluids and medicine. I am not a fan of this but it is the best thing for her. She is such a fighter, and she is so ornery that she will pull out her other IV's. I have been told that the PICC line is a very good thing.
We will be transfered this week. I asked the Dr. directly if he feels that we have come to this point and he said that everyday he is drawing closer to sending her. Tomorrow he said he would call St. Louis to check and make sure our insurance will be covered there. I am not sure of the specific date we will be going, but I do know it will be this week. The hospital we will be planning on going to is St. Louis Children's Hospital. We have heard a lot of good things about this hospital. Thank you to those who have been encouraging us about this facility.
We did not hold our little girl this evening because of the new "hardware," but we did get to slobber on her earlier today. I am confident that God is holding this whole situation in the palm of His hand. I have been asked how God could allow something like a little baby to go through such hardship, if it is a teaching moment, why use a perfect little child to grow a stubborn, selfish adult? My answer, I believe God has His purpose and it is perfect. I do not believe that God just decides to inflict pain and suffering on a person for His own enjoyment, that would be a blasphemes belief.
I am reminded of a story I once heard about an artist who was sitting in a coffee shop. He sat in the back corner of the shop and was observing two older men who were having a conversation about a recent fishing trip. As one of the men telling the story was raising his hands to exaggerate his point, the waitress came by and accidently knocked his coffee out of his hand and onto the nearby wall. The store owner was not happy with the stain declared that it would have to be remodeled completely. The artist who was sitting in the corner stood up, walked to the stain on the wall and said that it could be fixed. At that moment he pulled out his pencils and started to connect the smaller stains with the lager stains, when the artist was finished there was no longer an ugly stain on the wall but a beautiful picture of a meadow. I know the world we live in will have trials of many kinds that God has nothing to do with, but from even the most ugly, hurtful events, God can connect the smaller things with the bigger things and create a masterpiece. I would like to thank everyone for your prayers and words of encouragement. This is just another step to recovery and I know God is taking these steps with us. I will keep the updates coming, we love you all!
October 4th, 2010
First off I would like to thank everyone for their love and support for baby Bri, Dianne, and I. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. At times I am not sure how God is going to provide, I am always confident He will, but I sometimes just don't know exactly how. I am very thankful I can call all of you family, I love you all so very much.
Brielle was doing well this evening. We were able to hold her and give her all kinds of smoochies! We have a confirmation that Brielle will be transported by ambulance tomorrow to St. Louis. The ambulance will be here in Joplin at around 10:30 a.m. and will drive non stop to Children's Hospital. Dianne and I are going to drive up there to be with our little fighter. The Dr. here in Joplin is not seeing the improvement he would like to see in Brielle. She has not gained any weight above her birth weight and she continues to have mucus block her air way. The acid reflux is not as severe but it is till a concern.
She is being transfered to a hospital with more sophisticated equipment to address the struggles she is having. Also if there is a surgical need there are Dr.'s in St. Louis who specialize in infant surgical procedures.
Through God everything comes together for those who love Him. I am confident that God has this whole situation under control. There is an enemy who purposely attempts to blame God for everything horrible in this world when God is not at fault. But God does not let any matter go unnoticed. He is the Comforter, the Provider, the Father, and He truly has the whole world in His hands, not because He feels obligated, or that He is convicted. But that He desires to comfort, He desires to provide, He desires to love us unconditionally even when we are extremely hard to love. We serve a wonderful God friends, thank you for reminding me of that through your uplifting encouragement, heart warming love, and your never ending prayers. I will keep you posted.
I will continue to send out daily updates, but you can also follow Brielle, Mom, and I on our blog page at www.stinnettgazette.blogspot.com, just copy and paste that link into your address bar. God Bless you all, and again, thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment