Friday, October 8, 2010

His Faithfulness

Getting ready
First Bottle!!

We had a great day today. Brielle has been tolerating her feeds very well and is going to be receiving 60 mls tonight at 3 a.m. she will be receiving full feeds! The speech therapist came in today and gave her her first bottle. The therapist was very impressed with how well Brielle handled the bottle. We are expecting to hear from the Dr.'s tomorrow concerning Brielle's ultrasound and MRI so I may be sending an early update again.

My mom has been up here since wednesday night and today my father-in-law, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law have come down to spend the weekend in St. Louis. Also, the Klute clan stopped by earlier today, Dianne and I were not yet at the hospital but my mom was able to talk to them and give them an update. I am not sure if I had mentioned this or not but Dianne and I were accepted into the Ronald McDonald house yesterday! It is really nice here, I have been thinking differently when noticing those change collectors at McDonald's restaurants.

I am so very thankful for the progress Brielle has had today and this week. It may sound weird and crazy, but I am also thankful for everything that has happened since January of this year, good and bad. God has been with us even before day one started. He has comforted us through every painful tear that we have shed and laughed with us through every moment of joy. I have a different understanding of God's faithfulness I do not think I would have come to understand if not for these past 10 months. In Isaiah 54, the prophet Isaiah is proclaiming a promise from God about the future glory of Zion, the restoration of Israel. In verse 10 the Lord says "'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the Lord." I do not think it would be wrong to compare the moving and shaking of actual mountains and hills to the mountains and hills in my life being moved and shaken. God's love has comforted me daily. He is faithful and I am glad I serve a faithful God who has faithful children that have been praying daily for my little girl. Thank you all for your love and prayers. I do not think I can ever express my thanks to the degree that is deserved to all of you who have been walking with us during this time. We love you all, we will keep you updated.

-cody

No comments:

Post a Comment