Monday, November 22, 2010

We're almost there!


Today has been a big day! It has been a very productive day and also a very overwhelming day. We have watched videos, been to training, and now we are getting ready to call it a day, I think we are ready.

This evening we are staying in a room for discharge patients. Since about 5 o'clock today Dianne and I have been the only ones taking care of Brielle. We have been feeding her, changing her, suctioning her and taking care of her oxygen. The purpose for us staying in this room is so we can get a feel to what life will be like when we get home. It has been a wonderful evening! Bri and I have danced, sang, and even rapped together! She is such a good baby. The nurses have put her on a continuous feeding schedule where she will be on her feeds for 18 hours then off her feeds for 6 hours. They have set Brielle up to where she will go off her feeds at midnight and will start back up at 6 in the morning. The past few days they have done this Brielle has slept the whole 6 hours! So far Brielle has just been snoozing off and on but I can tell her eyes are getting heavier.

We are unsure when we will be discharged tomorrow. We have been told that they hospital usually discharges between 2 and 4 p.m. We are hoping we can leave earlier so we can drive when it is still light outside. We look forward to coming home and we feel comfortable being without constant nursing care. It is going to be very different when we get home. I am kind of overwhelmed thinking about the next few days but God is good and I know He will help us settle down and get into a routine.

Thank you all for all of your support. We love you all very much. Expressing our gratitude is something I do not think I can ever fully do. You all have been so encouraging and supportive through this past year. I thank God everyday for the love He has given me through all of your letters, phone calls, visits, and emails. I am blessed beyond measure and I have no reason to ever complain. Again, thank you all. We love you soo much and we look forward to coming home! We will let you know when we get home.

In His Service,
cody

No comments:

Post a Comment