Friday, November 5, 2010

All things...



Today has been a very hard day. Brielle is having more spit-ups and they are taking their tole on her. She is very tired but still fighting just as hard as if it were the first day of battle. This roller coaster does not seem to be slowing down yet. I am praying that this surgery is what Brielle needs. I know my heart would not be as heavy if Brielle would have had a good day. Either a good day or a bad day I know I would still be thinking about a passage of scripture.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, and are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28.

It is hard to understand things that happen in our lives we can not explain. I spoke with a relative two weeks after Brielle was born expressing to them that God is allowing Brielle to go through all these hardships because He has a purpose for them all. I was asked, "Why does God use this poor innocent baby to show His love, How does this show love by making a baby suffer?" Can anyone answer this? I am not sure that my answer was worth the value of a copper penny but I said "He has a purpose and a plan, and it is good." When I said this I truly believed it, that everything we have gone through had a purpose that it was part of a bigger plan. I may not know what this plan is nor am I able to see it in its entirety but I know that in the end it will be good, right?

"In ALL things," the text says. Does this mean even the times when my little baby girl turns multiple shades of blue? Does choking count as "all things?" Or what about spending endless hours in an uncomfortable hospital chair?" I would be lying if I said I was not concerned for my baby girls health, that I do not worry what the next day will hold, but I am not lying when I say that I BELIEVE God is in control. God does not dish out deprivation, He does not hand out hardship, He does not send down suffering to those He loves. All to often God is accused of being "the cause" of something horrible that has happened in life and I forget that I have an enemy who name is liar, deceiver, and he is just that.

Everyday you and I come face to face with an enemy who hates us from the tippest tip of the hair on our heads to the tippest tip of our toes and he is going to do everything he possibly can to break us away from our life source, our beating heart, our Father. All too often he does succeed in doing so. In the the book of John, Jesus told His disciples to take heart in times of trouble. Jesus knew we would face hardship. In whatever context Jesus knew that choosing to follow Him would also mean choosing a ruthless, merciless, and vile enemy who will stop at nothing to tear us down to nothing. Jesus said to "take heart." This is an amazing statement from a man who is about to be arrested, forsaken, rejected, mocked, beaten, spit on, tortured, and executed. Not Judas, not the religious authorities, not the angry crowd, not Pilate, not the soldiers, not death, or even the grave can overcome Him. Jesus can truly say "I have overcome the world." Jesus went to the cross not as a man in fear or gloom but as a conquering King!

Jesus was a man who loved His Father. He was a man who was called according to the purpose of God. Yes, He knew what was in store for Him. He knew His purpose, He knew about the perfect plan God had already lined up, He knew the things satan was going to attempt to do in order to draw Him from God. Yet, He remained faithful. Through ALL the things satan thew at Jesus to distract Him they all worked together for the good. Through ALL of the frustrations He must of had dealing with a selfish and blinded group of people, still they all worked together for the good. Not that I compare myself to Christ at all, I just merely look at His example of how, in the midst of trials and hardship, He remained faithful. Knowing that through ALL the things He would experience, ALL the things He would face, they would all work together for the good.

Everyday we face trials of many kinds. We do not know the reason and sometimes we are not always shown the purpose, but it is imperative that we know in all things God is working for the good of those who love Him, and are called according to His purpose. I love my Heavenly Father, and I believe He is calling my wife, my little baby girl, and myself to something. I do not know what it is, but I know.......... it has to be perfect. We love you all. We will keep the updates coming.

In His Service,
cody

No comments:

Post a Comment