Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thank you Lord



Well our first night went very well, Brielle slept from midnight until 10 a.m.! She is definitely like her mama. Today was a wonderful day. We did not have anything planned other than cuddling and snuggling, it was a wonderful day!

This weekend my mom, her husband, my brother, and his wife will be arriving in Joplin friday night to spend the weekend. I am very excited for my mom because she has not seen Brielle since she had her mouth surgery. I know I have not given an update on my moms recovery so for those of you who are wanting to know mom is doing great! In fact if you did not know she had surgery you would not notice anything when talking to her over the phone. Her Dr.'s are impressed with her recovery and my mom's response is that this time around she has Jesus!

We met one of our home health nurses today. She was very pleased with how good Brielle looks. We had an opportunity to weigh her today and she is at a whopping 8lbs 13oz!!! It is great having my family home. I was putting Brielle to bed and became overwhelmed with joy. I started thanking God for bringing my girls home and for the healing He has given my wife and our precious little baby girl. I look forward to the many years ahead of us, not forgetting the days behind us. God has given me multiple reasons to be thankful and I will continue to be thankful beyond this upcoming holiday.

We are starting a new chapter in our lives. The days of checkup appointments will be coming soon but now we are home and we are here only because of God's grace. The daily updates will also be changing. We will continue to update you...just not on a daily basis. I cannot tell you how much appreciation I have in my heart for all of you who walked with us, encouraged us, supported us, and cried with us these past 11 months. I now invite you to laugh and love on this little baby girl with us. I do not plan on letting this little baby girl grow up without knowing that God has personally placed His hand on her life. During a time of year where thankfulness is emphasized, I am thankful for all of you who read these updates and pray for my family. I am thankful for my heavenly Father who lives and moves in my life on a daily basis. I am thankful for my God's faithfulness and I am thankful that my family is home. We love you all very much. Keep an eye out for pictures, videos, and new news of Brielle as she grows up to answer the calling God has placed on her life.

In His Service,
cody

No comments:

Post a Comment