Happy Daddy!
Happy Bri!

It has been another roller-coaster day, but it was full of surprises! Tuesday morning I was made an offer I could not refuse. Pat Alford, Li's mother, had called me and asked if I would like to ride with her and Li to St. Louis today for Li's checkup, while there they would drop me off at Children's hospital to see my girls. Like I said I could not refuse. I did not dare tell Dianne about the visit only because I wanted to surprise her and Brielle, it was wonderful. Some friends of ours, Kevin and Amy Whisman, also came for a surprise visit. They showed up after I had already left, but Dianne and Bri got to spend some time with them. So thankful for friends!
Brielle had an "ok" day again today. She is still spitting up her food but not really enough to throw a red flag. She is still gaining weight with these episodes happening as well as fighting an infection, this little girl is made of steel! Dianne and I were able to speak with the surgeon who will perform Brielles fundoplication, wrapping of the stomach. It was a very positive visit. The surgoen had come in to tell us that she had an opening this coming Monday and she personally placed Brielle in that slot because she sees the urgent need for the surgery. We had asked when Brielle may be able to start eating after surgery and the surgeon had said that she would recommend no feeding until 24 hours after the surgery. I had asked about the risks again. The main risk is tearing of the stomach from where they would put stitches in the "wrap", tearing could lead to a hole in the stomach which is not good. I had asked how high of a risk Brielle would be at for this to happen and the surgeon said that the risk is minimum due to Brielle being healthy and at a good weight. For those of you who need layman's terms like me what the surgeon pretty much said was that the risk of tearing is low because Brielle is fat and happy......!
If the surgery goes as planned and Brielle heals well from the procedure the surgeon said we could be looking at 5-7 days of recovery time before possibly going home..! This really brought up our spirits today. I am asking the Lord that He oversee a flawless surgery procedure, a perfect recovery for Brielle, and a possible date to come home. It has been a very good day. Thank you Alford family so much for allowing me to spend time with Pat and Li, and thank you Pat and Li for putting up with me for 9 hours in the car...! Also, thank you all for your faithful prayers you are lifting up to our Heavenly Father on behalf of my little baby girl. I am praying that she be home soon so she can thank you personally with her big beautiful eyes and her slobbery kisses. We will keep the updates coming.
In His Service,
cody
No comments:
Post a Comment