Bri and her friend Jenny the Giraffe
Bri at swallow study #2
Well I made it home safely, despite a few close encounters. Brielle
had a good day today. The swallow study did not go as well as we
wanted but there was some progress. Brielle aspirated every thickness of
milk that she was given. Even though it was not a very positive study
Brielle did show sings of improvement. Before in her first swallow
study, Brielle did not indicate that there was fluid going down her
wind pipe but today when the fluid went into her wind pipe she
coughed! She didn't really clear her air way but she did show that she
is developing those nerves and sensors that deal directly with the gag
and cough reflex. It may seem like small steps forward but to Dianne
and I they are huge leaps!
We have not been given an exact day for discharge yet. They are going to tweak a few things with Brielle's feeds. Bri also needs to pass the car seat test. They'll put her in her seat for an extended period of time...2-3 hours, and see how she handles that. The doctor did say that she felt comfortable saying that Brielle would see a turkey on her table at Thanksgiving!
All in all it has been a good and productive day. There is no need to be
negative, in fact if I proclaim to follow Christ and call myself a
Christian then I have no reason at all to be negative, nor do I have a
reason to complain. I will admit it was very hard leaving today, not
only were my eyes heavy but so was my heart. A lot of things have
happened over the past two days that may well be the most difficult
two days I have ever experienced in my life. I am glad God gives us a
peace that surpasses all understanding, otherwise I would be more of a
basket case than what I already am.
Thank you all for your prayers and support. I know I have said it
before but I mean it when I say that I really cannot tell you how much
I appreciate all of you who are fighting this battle with Brielle,
Dianne, and I. We love you all so much. Thank you, we will keep the
updates coming.
In His Service,
cody
No comments:
Post a Comment