
This time of year is probably my favorite. With the trees turning colors and the air getting cooler. It's that time of year for hot chocolate! I look forward to the day when my girls are home and we can enjoy some hot chocolate together.
Brielle had an "ok" day today. I was told she had a big spit-up but it was not as bad as some she has had before. The nurses are taking good care of her and are watching her closely. As of right now things seem to be progressing steadily. The Dr.'s put Brielle on a feeding machine which pretty much just pumps her food into her tummy through the g-tube at a steady rate. They are hoping this will help to not fill her up to fast and make her spit-up. I know spit-up is normal for babies but for Brielle she is still having a little trouble protecting her airway so they are wanting her to not spit-up as much.
Surgery is still planned for next week pending the infection is taken care of by then. I would like to thank you all for your prayers. It warms my heart to hear from a lot of you that you are praying for my family. I spoke with Dianne earlier this evening and she told me that
Brielle is starting to smile! I had been reading up on babies and when they begin to do all those neat things and what I have found out is that when babies begin to smile they are developing their social skills. I am not sure why I am writing this but I thought it was neat so I will share it.
This infection is not keeping my little baby girl down. She is up to a whopping 8lbs 7.5oz! Knowing that she is still gaining weight while fighting an infection is only something God can be helping with. We appreciate all of you very much. Thank you for your letters, cards, cookies, gifts, and especially your prayers. We love you all and will continue to send out the updates.
In His Service,
cody
No comments:
Post a Comment