Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Brielle loves her mobile.

I am very excited about the good days Brielle is having. It is still hard being away from both my girls but Poncho and I are keeping busy. I have been told that baby Bri is gaining weight back after losing some from surgery.She is 8lbs 3oz! She is still on a little bit of oxygen but she is doing well. Earlier today Brielle had her hearing test and she passed with flying colors. Dianne took Bri's car seat in and hopefully she will be able to take her car seat test sometime this week.

Brielle's medical team, the green team, is working on our "going home" schedule. They are trying a feeding regimen where Bri will have 18 hours of continuous feeds and 6 hours without....the 6 hours being at nighttime. The tricky part is making sure she gets enough milk and enough calories to gain weight, without stretching her stomach too quickly.

I have been telling people that we are taking things one day at a time and we are literally doing just that. With each day Brielle becomes even more beautiful than the day before. I am very thankful for my wife and my baby girl. I am thankful for my beautiful church family and for the ministry God has given me. He has definitely been proving for our every need. Not sure what tomorrow holds but I know God is already holding it in His hands. We will keep the updates coming.

In His Service,

cody

Bri and Jenny the giraffe having a very serious theological conversation.

Bri during her hearing test.

No comments:

Post a Comment