Brielle has had a much better day than yesterday. She rested most of the day...which was much needed. She had a few wide awake moments which were wonderful and full curious eyes and beautiful smiles. She did have a few small episodes, but none that made her turn color....except red. When that little girl gets upset she turns the brightest shade of red I've ever seen! Today, they also tried to put a PICC line in Bri. They were not successful. Now she has part of her head shaved where they tried to put the PICC...but she is still as beautiful as ever! They said they're going to have one of the nurses try again tonight if she has time. Otherwise they'll do it tomorrow. Please pray they are able to get one in without any flaw.
My sister Dawn came to visit for the weekend. She and I went to Applebee's for supper and had a nice time. Tomorrow we plan on going to church at First Christian Church of Florissant. A couple of girls I went to OCC with are from that church and they put our family on their prayer list. One of their ministers came to visit Brielle and I this week. It means a lot knowing we have people we've never even met praying for Brielle. So, thank you, to all of you who are lifting my family up in prayer.
I know God hears our prayers. I know his heart breaks when there are little babies who are sick. But we live in an imperfect world full of pain, sickness and death. But he is there with us through it all. He gives us strength and comfort to get through today and and wake up and do it again tomorrow. One way I've found to help me stay as positive as possible is to think about how blessed I really am. Yeah, my baby is sick...but she's still here with us. She's here to give us precious smiles and give us joy just by looking in her eyes. I'm reminded each time I walk into Brielle's room just how fortunate we are. As you walk into her room there is a teeny tiny little baby who weighs around 2 lbs and has multiple IV's with about 10+ different medications or fluids running into his veins. This poor little baby boy is not only sick, but he doesn't have a family. After having her baby the mom decided she didn't want him anymore and left the hospital. It breaks my heart when I see this little boy knowing that he doesn't have a mommy or daddy there to love on him and sing to him. Brielle and I pray for him that God just wraps his arms around him and shows him love. This baby's name is Jeremiah. Please pray for him.
I am blessed. I get to hold my baby girl whenever I want to. I get to change her dirty diapers. I get to kiss her lips and caress her head. There are many parents with babies in the NICU who are not able to do these things. I'm very thankful that I get to.
Tomorrow has a lot of good things going on. I get to spend some more time with my sister and Bri. I get to have fellowship with other believers...I've missed this a lot. AND........ I get to see my husband!!! Cody plans on heading up here after morning services.
I think that about does it for now. Thank you all again for your prayers and encouragement. We'll continue to keep you updated as Bri's surgery comes and goes and we're on the road to recovery and health!
-Dianne
No comments:
Post a Comment