Well, I made it to St. Louis! Thank you James for taking me half way. I know that it seemed silly that I come up to St. Louis so late but we really do not know what tomorrow will bring in terms of preparation to coming home. When Dianne and I got here we stopped by the hospital to see baby girl. I could not believe how much she has grown. She is so big! Of course she was sleeping so I did not get to see her beautiful smile but I did give her some kisses!
We have a pretty big day tomorrow. Dianne and I will have a training session to learn how to work Brielle's feeding tube (g-button) and pump. It is also required that we watch some videos before we leave. We have already taken the infant CPR class as well as the g-tube/button course so we are all set there.
It all seems so surreal. On the way up here I kept thing about being home and how great it will be. Then I was kind of scared and thinking things like "what if her alarm does not go off when she isn't getting enough oxygen?" I know these thoughts are not from God so I just need to do what my mom would tell me to do, "take a chill pill." I am praying that God gives Dianne and I a peace. I don't know why but for some silly reason I had this mind set that God works only at the hospital and when we leave He won't be going with us...silly I know. I guess this comes with the territory right? I am thankful for God's faithfulness, for His grace, and for His unfailing love.
This evening I had the opportunity to participate in the annual community wide church Thanksgiving service. It was a blessing to worship together with other congregations as one body, one church. I have a lot of things to be thankful for. Right now I am counting my blessings one day at a time. Today, I am thankful for family. We love you all!
In His Service,
cody
No comments:
Post a Comment