Most of you already know but I thought I'd make it official on our blog. Cody and I are having a baby! Our little bundle of joy is due in September. I'm 11 weeks today. So far things have been really tough but we are trusting in the Lord and finding strength and comfort in Him. Since around the last week of January I've been struggling with Hyperemesis which is a severe form of "morning sickness". We've made 2 ER visits dealing with that. Since this started a little over a month ago I've lost about 30 pounds. Definitely not the way to reach your goal weight. This has made things very scary and I was just so worried about the baby and whether or not it was getting the nourishment it needed. Luckily, God knows what going on when we are confused and uncertain. The Doctor said the baby is growing strong and healthy...it's just me that is lacking. This week I've been able to keep down some solid foods which sounds kinda silly to be excited about...but it's a pretty big deal. Hopefully things will keep looking up from here. We faced another bump in the road about 2 weeks ago. I got a blood clot in my left leg. It went all the way from my groin to just behind my knee. I was in the hospital for 9 days. I felt like an science experiment. They got my blood WAY too thin and things got kinda scary but everything seems to be at levels they're supposed to be. For the rest of the pregnancy I'll have to take Heparin (blood thinner) shots 3 times a day and for a few weeks after delivery. I got a little nervous when the doc told us this...but it really isn't a big deal. I'm use to the shots already. Cody and I are both comfortable giving the shots and we're getting pretty good at it!
All in all, things have really stunk so far...but I'm just trying to stay focused on the final product...me holding my newborn in my arms, hugging and kissing him/her, thanking God over and over for being so amazing!
-Dianne
Taken Feb 1, 2010Vaginal Ultrasound
7 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment